<p style='text-align: justify;'>Pencil drawing by Elizabeth Smith, initialled 'E.S.' The drawing shows a view of Flamsteed House from the east side taken from the Front Court after the erection of the porch and covered passage. The covered passage was added in 1840 and linked Flamsteed House to the Observatory. The two figures in the Front Court may be George Airy and one of his assistants.</p><p style='text-align: justify;'> A similar view of Flamsteed House, drawn two years earlier (before these renovations), can be seen at <a href='/view/'> (RGO 116/3/6)</a>. For an image of Airy crossing the Front Court, see <a href='/view/'> (RGO 116/3/8)</a>.</p>
The images contained in the pdf download have the following copyright:
This will create a PDF with thumbnail images for all pages, and may take some time for large documents.
The images contained in this document have the following copyright:
This image has the following copyright:
Choose one of the available sizes to download:
This metadata has the following copyright:
Do you want to download metadata for this document?