<p> The Dining Room at the Society’s new Northumberland Avenue headquarters was also known as the Canada Room. It was panelled in Canadian Silky Birch, the gift of the Canadian government. The arms of Canada, and of each of its provinces and territories in 1936, were prominently displayed above the wood panelling. This photograph shows the Dining Room looking west. </p> <p> The photograph is taken from a collection of lantern slides commissioned by the Society to mark the opening of its new headquarters building in 1936, many of which were published in its journal United Empire </p> <p>See Janus record <a target='_blank' class='externalLink' href='https://janus.lib.cam.ac.uk/db/node.xsp?id=EAD%2FGBR%2F0115%2FRCS%2FII'>here</a> </p>
The images contained in the pdf download have the following copyright:
This will create a PDF with thumbnail images for all pages, and may take some time for large documents.
The images contained in this document have the following copyright:
This image has the following copyright:
Choose one of the available sizes to download:
This metadata has the following copyright:
Do you want to download metadata for this document?